As a Communications and Public Relations professional I have a keen interest in the role communications plays in business development, community initiatives and organization branding. I am passionate about developing an idea or a vision using a variety of effective communication tools to build a recognizable and attractive brand. My creativity brings me out of the box resulting in deliverables that reach audiences in new and effective ways.
TOP 5 STRENGTHS
- Empathy: This strength speaks to my ability to relate to others, exercise good judgement and be sensitive to those around me.
- Developer: The developer strength means I am able to “recognize and cultivate the potential in others.” Being a developer, I place great value on building meaningful relationships and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Belief: With a strong talent in the belief theme, I am steadfast in my core values and these values provide direction and purpose for my life. With this strength I am inclined to look for employment that has clear purpose and meaning.
- Achiever: As an achiever I am a hard worker and gain great satisfaction from being busy and productive. I set high standards for myself and others and am motivated by concrete results and outcomes.
- Positivity: With a strength in positivity, I am an enthusiastic and likeable individual. I tend to fully engage in the relationships and activities I am involved with and have an optimistic outlook on the circumstances I am in.
Areas of Professional Strength
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Desktop publishing & graphic design
- Leadership skills
- Project facilitation
- Strategic planning
- Website and blog development
- Keyboard and computer skills
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Communications Director, The Landing Company, 2014- Present
- Communications & PR Volunteer, Westview Centre4Women, 2010- Present
- Marketing & Communications Volunteer, Garden City Food Co-op, 2015-Present
- Board Member & Volunteer Marketing Chair, Garden City Food Co-op, 2013- 2015
- Community & Public Relations Coordinator, YWCA Niagara Region, 2012-2014
- Online Experience & Communications Volunteer, United Way Ottawa, 2013
- Community Animator, The RAFT, 2010-2011
- Public Relations Certificate, Niagara College, 2009-2010
- Bachelor of Sociology, Minor in Music, Brock University, 2006-2009
- Interior Design Continuing Education, Niagara College, 2014